Feb 09, 2021


  • Pupilfirst now supports in-app notifications, and can be installed as a Progressive Web App on modern operating systems. Currently in-app notifications are created only for community events such as to notify coaches when their students create a topic, or to notify topic participants when someone replies to their posts. We’ll expand the variety of notifications and improve control over this feature after observing how it’s used.

  • Community users can now search for topics based on the content of posts by users within topics (fuzzy search); this makes it much easier to look for past topics where certain concepts or keywords have been explained.

  • We’ve started work on making Pupilfirst’s API publicly accessible. As a part of this, we’ve released documentation for the GraphQL API, covering the few queries and mutations that are currently available for clients that authenticate using an access token.

UI and UX

  • Links pasted in Markdown are now automatically converted into hyperlinks.

  • Keyboard navigability / accessibility of the coach’s review interface has been improved.

  • In the coach’s review interface, we’ve updated the default sort order for listed submissions to make the most common workflow easier. The Pending tab defaults to showing oldest submissions at the top, while the Reviewed tab defaults to showing latest reviewed submissions at the top.

  • The level quick-navigation buttons at the bottom of the student’s curriculum are now hidden when the student is eligible to level up. Prior to this change, these buttons would still be visible, but clicking on them wouldn’t cause any visible change, since the curriculum itself was being hidden until the student clicked the Level Up button.

  • Improved the experience of marking posts on the community as a solution, and added a quick navigation button below the initial post, to jump to the post marked as the solution.


  • Fixed inability to attach .mov (Quicktime) video files on the curriculum editor’s video uploader. Support for other formats has also been improved.

  • Fixed a UI bug that could occur while re-reviewing older student submissions in certain circumstances.

  • Archived community topics are no longer shown in the target Discuss tab.

  • Fixed a bug that allowed users to sign up to a public course multiple times using the same email address, by using different casing on the characters of the email address. The public course sign-up form now properly ignores the case of email address when looking for existing users with the same address.

  • Course authors can now assign draft targets as prerequisites to other targets in the same level. Prior to this fix, such assignment would cause the student’s UI to crash.

  • Updating a target or its group’s properties will no longer cause their sort position to change.

  • Fixed an issue that prevented new students from being tagged when joining public courses.

Pupilfirst Pvt. Ltd. uses cookies on pupilfirst.com to analyse usage of the website and to understand where our visitors are coming from. Cookies may be placed by third parties. By closing this message and continuing to use the site you consent to cookie use by pupilfirst.com.